Monday, July 26, 2010

Eating God's Word

"When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty" (Jeremiah 15:16.)

From the NIV notes: When your words were found, I digested them; I made them a part of me; for I belong to you, my ever-present Savior (and I have your gracious presence (Jeremiah 15:16, 14:9, 7:10.)

My interpretation: I eat your words Lord, I digest them, I make them a part of me--they are my joy and my delight--I have the unbelievable priviledge of bearing your Almighty name.

Wow--this verse hit me hard today. God continues to make me uneasy about what I'm eating and what I'm allowing my children to eat --our addiction to sugar and processed foods. I am considering a fast and an overhaul of my family's entire diet. I am wanting a new and fresh in-filling of the Holy Spirit for the upcoming Bible study I will be teaching, (Igniting a Passion to Pray.) I am wanting God's favor, God's answers, God's healing, God's work in me to experience anew a sacrifice of praise. I desire to focus not on what food I will eat but on eating God's Word, assimilating it into my life--making it my own, being the real deal--allowing it to be my joy and my delight, to have God's gracious presence--to be one worthy of bearing the Name of the Lord God Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment