Monday, August 2, 2010

Runner's Prayer

Oh Lord, how I praise you. Praise you for the beauty of your creation. You make me run on the hills and down low in the valleys. As I literally run these hills I see the parallel to life. And I know you are with me when I reach the top and when I am at the bottom. You alone keep me going. I cry out and say your name, Jesus, and shout thank you. I claim your victory. I keep my eyes ahead and neither waver to the left or to the right. You compel me to persevere. I think on your Word. I relate to my brother in the faith, Jeremiah, who goes from the heights of exultation and sinks to the depths of despair (Jeremiah 20:14-18.) Yet he rises again and again to fulfill his divine call. "Sing to the Lord! Give praise to the Lord! He rescues the life of the needy from the hands of the wicked" (Jeremiah 20:13.) Come Lord Jesus. Come Holy Spirit and fill me anew for this day.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I struggled in my run today--wish I'd read this first.

    ReplyDelete