Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bella's Prayer

Tonight at bedtime Bella wanted to read her Bible story books and books about Jesus. After reading she began to sing "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Don't let Satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine. Don't let Satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine. Don't let Satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine." She had sung the song at church this morning.

After Bella finished singing she said she was going to pray for Jesus now. She put her hands over her face and began praying in earnest for Jesus. She prayed for Him to go to God and for Him to not let Satan blow it out. She prayed that Satan wouldn't come here. I couldn't hear all she prayed with her hands over her face, but I know Jesus was listening and beaming with joy, as I was. When Bella finished I told her that Jesus heard her prayer and that He loves to hear her pray. She announced that now she could get "baptitized." We discussed salvation and baptism and we had a sweet time of prayer. Once again she said that now she could be "baptitized." She asked if she would put her hand over her heart when she was baptitized:)

Bella is only 4 years old. We will continue to pray and when the Holy Spirit prompts her heart, she will be ready to make a public profession of faith in Jesus and follow with believer's baptism. I know the decision she made tonight will continue to grow and her spiritual understanding will grow. Our prayer time was precious, and her faith is beautiful. She stepped out in obedience based on what she now knows at the precious age of 4 to respond to Jesus and to pray. Our teaching pastor just spoke this morning about how it was the children rather than the pharisees/religious leaders of Jesus' time that "got it (him)." Jesus said "let the little children come unto me." The children understood Him and they believed in Him with their childlike, but real faith.

May I continue to respond to Christ with childlike faith based on what I now know. May I step out in obedience in response to Jesus and be the prayer warrior that my precious 4 year old daughter was tonight. As 1 Corinthians 13:12 (and I paraphrase) says, now we see in part, but one day in full..when we see Him face to face; not I know in part, but one day will fully know (Him) just as I am fully known."

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story of the Holy Spirit working in little Bella's heart. Such moments are so precious and tender. Lord, I pray that Bella's faith will continue to grow and that she will serve you all the days of her life and have a passion for your Word...just like her mother does.

    ReplyDelete