Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Daniel Fast #3--Perspective

This morning I was frustrated. Tired of the fast, tired of praying for everyone. Tired from lack of sleep. Tired from lack of time alone without kids. Tired from lack of direction and apparent change in people and circumstances. In short, I had a bad attitude.

I'm still tired, and I could be easily overwhelmed by my lack of accomplishing the tasks before me, but a phone call helped me gain perspective. My mom called at the right time and imparted her wisdom. I told her I was tired of praying for everyone while on the fast. And a mere 11 days into it my impatience with God's timing was rearing its ugly head. She encouraged me to take a step back and visualize me giving all those people and prayers to the Lord. She reminded me that the power is not in my prayers, the power is in Jesus Christ. And His will and His timing are perfect. If every prayer was answered with an immediate "yes" we wouldn't experience the process of trusting in the Lord and growing in faith that His will really is best.

Today I will focus on resting in the Lord and trusting Him. The answers will come in God's perfect timing and way. But I will not just be after the answers --but after the heart of God, my King, Jesus Christ. I will abide.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment