Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life Lessons from Kung Fu Panda 2

written yesterday:

I just left the movie theater with my kids. We went to see Kung Fu Panda 2. It was awesome. I am a Kung Fu Panda fan:) I shed tears of laughter every time I watch the first one. I was pleased to find that the sequel was funny, touching, inspiring, and it relays a great message. Po, the great Dragon Warrior, must face his past to find peace in the present. His search reveals that he was abandoned by his parents (for good reason, but I won't reveal all the details in case you haven't seen it yet.) In his quest for "inner peace" he acknowledges that though the beginning of his life was sad and hard, it is what he is to do with his life now that matters. Po recognizes that he has a destiny to fulfill; and that his past doesn't define him. Wow. This is exactly what God has been trying to teach me lately (see my previous post, Life Lessons From My Garden.)

Lately I was encouraged by someone who is dear to me to read my Psalm, which is my age plus 1, (40). Psalm 40 begins with this: "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord..." Isn't that the message of Kung Fu Panda 2? One of deliverance and redemption.

Thank you Lord for confirming your love and faithfulness to me. Thank you for hearing me and for caring --for lifting me out of the pit of my past to a high and firm place to stand. Thank you for a song of joy. Thank you that "many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.." meaning that you will use my life for Your glory. Thanks for your life lessons. Thanks for Kung Fu Panda:)

No comments:

Post a Comment