Thursday, February 9, 2012

God's promises

What I'm going to share today is very personal and extremely intimate. (Not a lot of people read my blog and I haven't written for awhile, so sharing it here on FB isn't too scary:) It involves a private conversation between the Lord and me that I'm trusting will be encouraging to whoever reads it. My quiet time with the Lord is so precious and sweet to me. I look forward to it with anticipation. Not to say that fireworks of revelation go off every time I get alone with God in prayer and in the Word. But sometimes His voice and His promptings are very clear. At times I've been leery of people who say they've heard something from the Lord or God spoke to them. So I understand if you feel that way too.

God has been telling me for some time that He has called me to be set apart. To be holy, consecrated, to live a life of righteousness for His name's sake. At times, I have resisted. I have chosen TV, FB, email, people, sleep, the opinions of others, food, and my own selfish lusts over Him and being set apart. Lately, He has confirmed in me that He is bringing me out of this winter season I've been in, to a new season of prayer. He has shown me that my prayer focus is not on what I will get from God through prayer, but that I will get Him--that He is what I'm after, not just answers. As Mark Batterson says in his book, The Circle Maker, "we shouldn't seek answers as much as we should seek God. If you seek answers, you won't find them, but if you seek God, the answers will find you." God has also been showing me over the last few months that revival comes as a result of repentance--confession of and turning from sin. In other words, you got to get down to the ugly to come forth as gold.

In my prayer time this week, I asked God to show me what I could start praising Him for-promises He has given me--praising Him in advance for something instead of just praying about it. He reminded me of visions and dreams I've had of speaking to people about Jesus--encouraging them, exhorting them. It is a promise I can praise Him for--it will be. He promised that I will point others to Him through speaking and singing, using my words and my voice--it is in part what I am created for and how I will bring Him glory. He gave me other promises too--for my husband and for my children.

Here is what God said (I cannot write this without tears): "You will stand and testify of my greatness. You will bring me glory. You will lift your voice on my behalf. A wellspring of joy will flow from your heart. You will share in my excellent greatness. You will bring me honor. You will lift me up. You will be set apart. You will be highly favored. Surely goodness and mercy will follow you all the days of your life and you will dwell in the house of the Lord forever (Psalm 23:6). You will lead people to me. You will dwell with me and I with you. I will fill you fresh and anew with my Holy Spirit. It is a new season of prayer where you are going to hear from the Lord. My voice will be clear. Keep your eyes, heart, and mind focused on me. You should have no other goal but to know me and glorify me. I will open and shut doors of opportunity for you. You will walk in the ways I tell you to walk. You will go where I tell you to go. I will bless you. I will favor you. Your family will be favored. I delight in you. My hand is upon you. Surely goodness and mercy will follow you all the days of your life and you will dwell in the house of the Lord forever (Psalm 23:6). Your first prayer circle, Psalm 23:6. I'm always going to love you and be good to you--all your days in this life and in the life to come--eternally. Oh Jenny. I have such goodness for you. Why wouldn't I? It is My will and way. It may not look like the goodness the world sees as good but it will be My good. Trust me. Praise me even when you can't see it yet. I want you to rest in me. Trust me. Believe my promises."

No comments:

Post a Comment